Re: nvidia-kernel package: compilation failure with 2.6.21

Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

|> Extensively discussed here:
|> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90214
|>
|> The problem is that post 2.6.18 Debian kernels have PARAVIRT_CONFIG
|> and nvidia does not like that.
|>
|> You can either rebuild the kernel and turn that off (Note: but in
|> that case I had hard hangs in qemu!) *or* use the descriptions
|> in that page to rebuild the kbuild .deb and install nvidia so it does
|> not mind paravirt.
|>
|> You'll hit the problem both with m-a *and* the nvidia installer.

Thanks very much to all of you who responded---all interesting and all
helpful. I've compiled a new kernel with PARAVIRT_CONFIG turned off.
I'll reboot into the new kernel on Monday morning (I need to be at the
keyboard in case something goes wrong) and try again with the nvidia
kernel module.

In the meantime I'm very grateful to you all,

Jim