Re: tetex and texlive: changes in Debian?

On 06 Jul 2007 17:13:19 GMT, Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

If you search the list you'll find several threads about people
switching from tetex to texlive now, which is generally painless.

Kind of. But my last dist-upgrade involved grabbing a whole slew of texlive
packages, and in particular way too many international files that I'll never need got
installed (they seem to be gone now) and it affected me because I ran out of room
on my / partition during the dist-upgrade. Most everything is better now (except for a
few camera / photo packages that are still only partially installed).

Tyler