Re: tetex and texlive: changes in Debian?

David Fox wrote:

> On 06 Jul 2007 17:13:19 GMT, *Tyler Smith* <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca
> <mailto:tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca>> wrote:
>

>     If you search the list you'll find several threads about people
>     switching from tetex to texlive now, which is generally painless.
>

> Kind of. But my last dist-upgrade involved grabbing a whole slew of texlive
> packages, and in particular way too many international files that I'll
> never need got
> installed (they seem to be gone now) and it affected me because I ran
> out of room
> on my / partition during the dist-upgrade. Most everything is better now

Same here. From all the texlive packages that are to be intall, there at
least a few tetex package still, e.g. tetex-bin tetex-extra.

These packages I would expect to be purged by aptitude automatically (by
reporting they are no longer used) some time "soon".

->HS