icedove 2 uses a lot of bandwidth

Hi

I like the new features of icedove 2 (thunderbird), but when I'm using a 56k modem, I noticed that it uses a lot of bandwidth (especially upon the first get messages of the day); I'm using only IMAP.

I think this is due to the fact that it builds a summary (the one shown in the right bottom corner of the screen) of the new arrived emails by inspecting all the IMAP folders.

Is there a way to disable this feature? I couldn't find it in the preferences...

thanks in advance
	Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)