Re: What's this error message telling me?

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:22:07 -0600, Telly Williams
<twilliams001@elp.rr.com> said:

> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>>
>> I think that depends on how restrictive your SELinux setup is. Can
>> you turn SELinux off and try to install slib again?
>>

> Whoa.  I did 'echo 0 >/selinux/enforce' and now everything works,
> including Open Office.  Thanks Florian.

> I just began using SELinux and trying to understand how everything
> works.  Why wouldn't it let me install slib while I was root?  Is it
> that there's no such thing as a Super User in SELinux?  ~Telly

        Did you turn on audit=1 on your grub/lilo command line? If you,
 you should have "avc denied" lines in /var/log/messages. Grep those
 lines out of /var/log/messgaes, put them into  a file, and file a
 wishlist bug on the selinux policy you are using, with a short note on
 what you were trying to do, and the output of id -Z as root.

        This will help getting the issue fixed.

        thanks,

        manoj
--
He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of
wisdom. J.R.R. Tolkien