Re: lenny comfortable yet?

On 2007-07-07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> I know that, just like mutual funds, past performance does not guarantee
> future performance, but what has the experience been like for
> non-developers over the past couple of months?  Do people think that
> Lenny is ready for a desktop run by a knowledgeable user?

I would say so. I've been using testing under whatever name for a few
years without anything more traumatic than waiting a few days for
related dependencies to filter out of unstable. Certainly nothing that
required rebooting, let alone re-installing.

On the other hand, I haven't really noticed any change between Etch
and Lenny, so if testing-Etch wasn't solid enough for you, I'm not
sure that testing-Lenny is going to be better.

HTH,

Tyler