Re: Enabling SFTP under Debian 4.0r0

I attempted a connection using a program called Fugu, the error was 'Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0'

I know nothing about 'Fugu', you may want to use ssh/sftp on the server to connect back to the server, as suggested by another poster, to check that the service is running correctly and is accessible.

You may also want to install 'Putty' on your client as an alternate test tool. I've used both the Linux and Windows builds to successfully connect with my home server.

--
Bob McGowan

Restarted the hard way (rebooted the whole system) and attempted to connect from the server, this is the result;

/etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 47: Bad configuration option: Subsystem
/etc/ssh/ssh_config: terminating, 1 bad configuration options
Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

Also, the client system is MacOS X, Fugu is a sftp client for that system.