Re: digikam upgrade: plugins to be remove

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 08:23:03PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:55:48PM +0200, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> was heard to say:
> > BTW, I just discovered that aptitude has recently learned a nifty new
> > trick, the "why/why-not" command:

>   You can thank this list for the feature, I got the idea when I noticed
> that something like 99% of the questions people have about apt(itude) are
> of the form "WTF is this package being installed/removed/not installed?"
> Because of how complicated the dependency tree is, it can be hard to
> "see" what's happening, but the algorithm you need to compute the answer
> is pretty trivial. [0]
>
>   [0] I'm lying, this is only true if you want the sort of answer "why"
>       produces, but those answers are REALLY EASY to calculate!!

If you use aptitude interactively, after hitting 'g'o the first time, it
presents a list of what it wants to do.  If you scroll down the
packages, for each highlighted package it will tell you why it wants to
do something.  You can then tweak.  It also presents a list of
recommended and suggested packages from which to choose.

Doug.