Re: Setting up a cron for fetchmail

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 12:08:15 -0400
Gregory Seidman <gsslist+debian@anthropohedron.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 11:59:29AM -0400, Orestes leal wrote:
> > Hi Folks, i want to setting up a cron job for fetchmail that run every 1
> > minute, but today i'am so lazy that even I can't do a man page reading,
> > any help?
>
> Ignoring the responses you are sure to receive about getmail being better
> than fetchmail, why aren't you just using fetchmail as a daemon? Look in
> /etc/default/fetchmail

Well, I use to be get getmail running but with fetchmail everything
seems awesome, so why change?, yeah I run fetchmail as a daemon with
fetchmail -vvv an a properly configured .fetchmailrc but when i try to
boot up fetchmail within a rc script this won't start, so a cron job
seems the perfect way to me right now.

> --Greg>
Orestes.