Re: How to connect to debian server from Windows

http://[server ip] in a browser.

A piece of advice is to apt-get Midnight Commander (mc) and an SSH server,
then the server would be administrable remotely via SSH with a decent
text-mode filemanager that can run over SSH without any trouble. Midnight
Commander is an essential utility.

Most configuration files were in /etc/, whatever was loaded at startup was
controlled by /etc/init.d (startup scripts in etc/init.d are symlinks to
actual shell scripts, but anything is editable through links; to disable a
startup item, simply move the relevant symlink from /etc/init.d it to a
different directory).

On 04.07.2007 at 22:32 Dmitri Pissarenko wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I'm totally new to Debian and have following question:
>
>I've installed Debian on a machine, which is connected via a LAN cable
>to a windows machine.
>
>On Debian a web server should run. I say "should" because I can't tell
>whether it actually runs - this is a pure server installation.
>
>What do I need to do in order to connect to the web server running on
>the Debian machine from the Windows machine?
>
>In other words: Imagine, there is some web page rendered by a web
>server, which runs on Debian machine. What do I need to do in order to
>view this web page on my Windows machine?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Dmitri Pissarenko
>--
>http://www.xing.com/profile/Dmitri_Pissarenko
>http://dapissarenko.blogspot.com/

     Not far from here, by a white sun, behind a green star, lived the
Steelypips, illustrious, industrious, and they hadn't a care: no spats
in their vats, no rules, no schools, no gloom, no evil influence of the
moon, no trouble from matter or antimatter -- for they had a
machine, a dream of a machine, with springs and gears and perfect
in every respect. And they lived with it, and on it, and under it, and
inside it, for it was all they had -- first they saved up all their atoms,
then they put them all together, and if one didn't fit, why they
chipped at it a bit, and everything was just fine...

-- Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"