Re: Kernel 2.4 on Etch

Hi,

On Tuesday 03 July 2007, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
>    Is there any simple way of making kernel 2.4 and 2.6 coexist in Debian
> Etch? I know a lot of complicated ways :) but I need version 2.4 to test
> old kernel modules.

I suggest that if you want to use old kernel-level software, you use an
adequately old OS, e.g. sarge. (as Kumar indirectly pointed out,
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/i386/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#s-incompatible-2.4
looks like this is actually as good as impossible)

--
      Regards,                       Thomas Jollans
GPG key: 0xF421434B may be found on various keyservers, eg pgp.mit.edu
Hacker key <http://hackerkey.com/>:
v4sw6+8Yhw4/5ln3pr5Ock2ma2u7Lw2Nl7Di2e2t3/4TMb6HOPTen5/6g5OPa1XsMr9p-7/-6