Re: problem with smartmontools

Quoting michael@estone.ca:

Hello,

Having trouble getting my SATA WD raptor 150G drive smart enabled.
I'm pretty sure that Western Digital drives have smart support?

Thanks for any advice,
Mike

# smartctl -i /dev/sda

Google is friend.
I was missing the "-d ata" part in the command.

# smartctl -i -d ata /dev/sda
smartctl version 5.36 [x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu] Copyright (C) 2002-6 Bruce Allen
Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
Device Model:     WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR1
Serial Number:    WD-WMAP41529562
Firmware Version: 20.07P20
User Capacity:    150,039,945,216 bytes
Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
ATA Version is:   7
ATA Standard is:  Not recognized. Minor revision code: 0x1d
Local Time is:    Mon Jul  2 22:12:29 2007 PDT
SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
SMART support is: Enabled