Re: Packages who requires restart computer
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Packages who requires restart computer
- From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:39:43 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I use etch and would like know what packages will require a full restart
> of the computer, if there is any tool for do this automatically, and if
> not, I will do an script for do this myself.
I could be wrong here. But AFAIK, you need to restart the machine only when
kernel is updated. For pretty much everything else restarting the machine
is unnecessary. For example, to restart the network you can do
and so on!
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi