Re: Packages who requires restart computer

Josep wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I use etch and would like know what packages will require a full restart
> of the computer, if there is any tool for do this automatically, and if
> not, I will do an script for do this myself.

I could be wrong here. But AFAIK, you need to restart the machine only when
kernel is updated. For pretty much everything else restarting the machine
is unnecessary. For example, to restart the network you can do

/etc/init.d/networking restart

and so on!

hth
raju