Re: How to get Stumble Upon to work with Iceweasel, Any tips?

On Thursday 28 June 2007 17:09, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On 6/28/07, John W. Foster <johnwfoster@verizon.net> wrote:
> > I looked at that but this is the line that was set up by the installation
> > system "general.useragent.extra.firefox     default     string
> > Iceweasel/2.0.0.4"
> > This seems to be exactly backwards to what you suggested. Where do you
> > suggest I go from here.
> >
> > BTW: Stumble also does not show in Iceape. Though there is a line in
> > about:config that is "general.useragent.vendorSub    user set    string
> > 1.7.8-1sarge8 StumbleUpon/1.999"
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks!!
>
> It sounds like you are installing Stumble with the Debian package. If so,
> try purging the Debian package and then reinstalling. If that doesn't work,
> purge it again and try installing from addons.mozilla.org.
>
> Also, the ExtentionUninstaller API and the Extension Manager extension
> can be very useful.

> (it says they are for Firefox 0.x, but they work fine in
> Mozilla/SeaMonkey/IceApe)
>

> Cheers,
> Kelly
Well I did this as a round about way but by changing the about:config tip
given by another poster, & then using the add-ons page that you gave me I got
it working by installing the extension directly into iceape from the page
address you listed.
Thanks all!!!
--
John W. Foster