Re: Recommend inexpensive MP3 player?

Dave Thayer wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:00:32PM -0500, Reid Priedhorsky wrote:
I should clarify what I mean by "cheap": less than $20 or $30 is my goal.
So, I'll do some trolling around eBay.

Geeks.com have some cheapie players, here's one for $26 which says it
works with linux:

<http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLK-MP3-1GB&cat=MP3>

Disclaimer: I have no experience with this particular unit, but i have
purchased other cheap players at geeks.com in the past which were OK.

dt
Also at geeks.com is:

512MB SP-Advance USB2.0 MP4/MP3/Voice Digital Player 1" LCD

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=SP-MP363A-0062&cpc=RECOM

Does anyone have any experience with this player. It is a few dollars more than the one mentioned above, and only has 512MB, but it plays ogg files and mp4 video, as well as displaying jpeg files. I doesn't say that it works with linux, but it also does not specify Windows (or any other OS). Its requirements only mention a USB port and a CD-ROM drive. It also does not say that it operates as a mass storage device, but... So does anyone know, for sure, if it will "just work" on a linux box?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com