Re: Good Debian/Linux FTP Client program ???

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 06:58:27PM +0200, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> P Kapat wrote:
> > Can you provide your script? I was looking for some thing very
> > similar. I have been fiddling around with Keep but not quite
> > satisfied.
>
> No warranties 8-)
>
> The man pages will help to understand the options, you should verify and
> adopt them to your situation.
>
> I tried to translate some prompts to English. This one makes no backups,
> I have slightly more complex ones, but those contain more German.
>
> The line with backups is like
>
> rsync -avb --delete --backup-dir=/media/sda2/altjohannes \
> --suffix=-`date +%y%m%d%H%M` \
> /johannes2 /media/sda2
>
> (or all on one line without the '\')

There are also packages set up to do this sort of thing, e.g., rsnapshot,
which started life as the author's home-grown script.

Hmm, looking at the subject I'm not sure if this is on-topic...  The
context quoted in this message isn't very complete.

Ken

--
Ken Irving