Re: two network cards on a server

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 04:20:49PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a server on which there are two network cards. One of the network
cards has been configured, and has been running satisfactorily for a
while. I recently plugged in the other network card and started using it
for a different IP address. However, I've been having persistent problems
with that interface. Namely, some of the time I can't connect to the
interface, which seems to go up and down unpredictably, and floods the
system logs with DHCP requests. Clearly something is badly wrong here, and
I am hoping this is something simple that can be fixed easily.

Are eth1 and eth0 configured to be on the same subnet?

Regards,

-Roberto

Yes. I can send you the output of ifconfig if useful.

The addresses are both in the 152.3.172.* subnet.

                                              Faheem.