Re: Debian Etch LAMP - Continued :D

> Naturally, determining the requirements is quite important.  Let us
> start by first breaking out the acronym:
>
>  L - Linux
>  A - Apache
>  M - most of our scripting languages start with P
>  P - PostgreSQL
>
>  (shamelessly ripped from a presentation by Jaff Waugh last year)

Hmmm, sounds like Jeff is a PostgresSQL fan with a wry sense of humour to me ;-)

The way I learnt it LAMP stands for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python.

Of course which database software you use is also something that depends on what
other software you want to run on top of LAMP and what this expects to have
available.

Cheers,

Dave.