Re: where can I find the sarge repository of debian-multimedia?

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 22:33, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:

> >> I gather, that at least some of the files in 'stable' apply to sarge. I
> >> just edited my apt-sources.list, changed 'sarge' to 'stable' and
> >> installed acroread on a sarge box, and it just works (TM).
> >
> > Of course at your own risk. And noted things just won't work at all with
> > Sarge, being they have deps on things/versions only found in Etch.
> >
> > That acroread package, is a re-do of the Adobe package, putting things
> > in "Debian" locations.
>
> And splitting out those nasty spy-on-me-plugins.
>
> I consider this as a temporary measure until I get around upgrading my
> sarge machines. The whole debian-mulitmedia.org is outside of debian and
> 'use at own risk'. I always thought, dependencies would take care about
> not breaking my system. I consider Christian's packages as a 'bonus' to
> debian, so it's not mission critical if those packages break (fingers
> crossed)
>
> Johannes

What I don't quite understand is that Christian didn't give us any warning
that the Sarge packages from his repo were about to be trashed when Etch went
stable.

I for one would have found some spare harddrive space, and DL'd as many of
them as possible. I mean. it's not like harddrive space is expensive these
days.

Nigel.