Re: Sarge->Etch upgrade breaks cupsys network printing

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 12:45 -0400, Ralph Katz wrote:
> No replies?  Clear as mud?  Let me rephrase my question! :)

Make sure these check boxes are checked in the admin interface at
http://localhost:631/admin/

        Share published printers connected to this system
        Allow remote administration
        Allow users to cancel any job (not just their own)

Then wait for cups to reload the conf.

in a few minutes the other machine will notice the proper url fo the
printer and it will be able to work.

Notice, something changed between Sarge and Etch as far as URLs for the
printers. The Auto config stuff works better than forcing it.

The only thing is you need to have your machine that has the real
printer... make sure you define everything for it.

To give you an example, my Epson RX600 was auto-setup properly by my
Etch machine and my sid machine picked it up right away, as soon as I
told my Etch machine to share ...
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup