Re: Time/Date via Gnome clock app (sid)

On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 00:05 +0200, Andrea S. Gozzi wrote:
> I've set up my primary sid desktop to update time with NTP via the Gnome
> clock application.
> Now it seems that the NTP server has gone offline and the displayed time
> has a -5min difference with the real one. I wanted to use the servers
> pool instead but I can't access the menu.
> Every time I try to obtain privileges the password is rejected and I
> typed it in enough times to be sure it's the correct one..
> This happens only with the Time/Date app, everything else works
> perfectly (synaptic, disks, gparted, ..) .
> Has this happened to somebody else?

gnome-system-tools are run using gksu, when run from the clock applet it
uses the built in function to ask for root password[0]. I'm not sure if
this is what's causing your problems, but you could try running
time-admin using gksu.

A more likely guess is that you're bitten by bug 418513 which should be
fixed now, look for an updated package in incoming.

0. I think this is fixed in the newer releases, they should be available
in Debian quite soon.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson