Re: Debian Etch LAMP

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 05:28:41PM +0100, Steven Maddox (Cyorxamp) wrote:
> I am using Debian 4.0 as my new server - yey!
>
> I have installed it using the XFCE cd as I love XFCE and I am/will be
> using freenx to control it as well as SSH (whenever I get freenx working
>
> SO!  What I need is to install all LAMP related packages to get this up
> to spec, also any recommendations on open source control panels that
> work well with debian

Well, you've got the Linux.

Use aptitude and search for apache.

Assuming that you want MySQL instead of PostgreSQL (this is not flame
bait), search for mysql; or postgresql.

If you want PHP, search for that, or Python, search for that.

I don't think there's a metapackage for LAMP since there are too many
choices.

Doug.