Time/Date via Gnome clock app (sid)

Hi.
I've set up my primary sid desktop to update time with NTP via the Gnome
clock application.
Now it seems that the NTP server has gone offline and the displayed time
has a -5min difference with the real one. I wanted to use the servers
pool instead but I can't access the menu.
Every time I try to obtain privileges the password is rejected and I
typed it in enough times to be sure it's the correct one..
This happens only with the Time/Date app, everything else works
perfectly (synaptic, disks, gparted, ..) .
Has this happened to somebody else?

Andrea