Re: How to set up Logitech Quickcam Chat in Debian Testing

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 18:28:03 +0000, David Dawson wrote:
> Magnus Pedersen wrote:
>
> > David Dawson wrote:
> >>>>
> >> Thanks! ...

> >> This:
> >> usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
> >> usb 4-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

> >> This:
> >> Linux video capture interface: v2.00
> >> usbcore: registered new driver spca5xx
> >> /usr/src/modules/spca5xx/drivers/usb/spca5xx.c: spca5xx driver 00.60.00
> >> registered
> >
> > And even after this you dont get /dev/video ?
>
> That's correct.
> I tried using MAKDEV, but it only created stuff in /dev/.static/dev

That happens because udev should normally handle the device nodes
automatically. What messages do you get if you start

udevmonitor

and then plug in the camera?

One other thing: Is your system old enough to have been upgraded from a
version of Debian which still used hotplug? In that case you have to
make sure that the hotplug package is now purged (not just removed).

--
Regards,
          Florian