Re: Network Performance Issues.

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 08:06:02AM -0400, Michael Pobega wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 11:02:17PM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
 >
> > Downloading a video from youtube onto Machine D's desktop I get a
> > download speed of about 7Kbytes/sec. Which is very low.  If I try to
> > download the same one by ssh'ing into mahcine S and running wget on the
> > same url, I get a download speed of 80Kbytes/sec (ie more than 10 times
> > faster).
> >

> I'm having some problems too. YouTube just doesn't load for me, no
> matter what network I'm connected to. It works under Epiphany and
> Iceweasel but under Galeon (My main browser) it just doesn't load.
>
> I've tried clearing cookies, cleaning the cache, but nothing works. I
> haven't purged it yet because I customized Galeon a lot, but if anyone
> thinks it would help I'd purge/reinstall.

Before you purge/reinstall, try creating a new user (one without all
your personal customizing) and try again.  Purge/reinstall doesn't touch
config files in the home directories.

OTOH, for various reasons, I've given up on all the geko-based browsers
(zilla/galeon/ice) and use Konqueror.  It seems much more functional
(getting things done) in addition to nicer configs and bookmark editor.

Doug.