Re: [OT] a dumb query? pls humor me

Daniel B. wrote:
> That's an unrealistic case that distracts from the rest of the cases.
> It's rare the you _really_ know.  (Remember that "24" is fiction.)

    Oh, I am quite aware it is fiction.  The problem isn't that I have
forgotten that 24 is fiction the problem is that you, and others, do not
believe reality isn't fiction.  You do not believe Ahmadinejad when he says he
wants to wipe Isreal off the map.  You do not believe when clerics for Syria
talk about how many rockets they have given to Hamas.  You have forgotten that
the ticking time bomb situation happens every day in Iraq which is amazing
since the media reports every single bombing and every single death.  How is
that not a ticking time bomb situation when *you*, personally, know that there
will be violence often in the form of.... bombs!  What kind of disconnect do
you have to have to harp on Bush for the violence when it doesn't suit your needs!

> No.  Most of the judging is of those who are using torture in much
> less definite situations.

    Really?  The instances that I have heard of were immediately after 9-11,
immediately after the crushing victory of the Iraq war (news flash, we won,
the stat we went to war against no longer exists) when there was outstanding
violence on a daily basis.  I have not heard of anything where it was months
out of those situations.

    Even so let's think a minute.  What was the timeline from the WTC bombing
to the WTC being hit with planes?  8 years, wasn't it?  8 *years*.  What has
happened in the 5.5 years since 9-11.  Spain, Britain (almost 3 times),
Beslan, and countless others over a freakin' *cartoon*.

    Again, disconnect much?