Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
> Since some of the al-Qaeda and taliban prisoner's were in fact denied
> their GC protections, by being tortured, mistreated, etc., it's pretty
> obvious that the "QCs don't apply" provision was the operational part
> of this order, and not "taken out of context quite badly".  It's more
> reasonable to conclude that the other language was included as
> whitewash.

    Tell you what, if you honestly believe that then how about we just mirror
what the other side is doing.

    Since we've already gone the torture route let's parade them in the media
as denouncing how peaceful a religion it is they follow, explain how their
homelands are festering cesspools of hatred and violence and then, after all
of that, behead them, making sure to get a close-up of their faces as they
drown in their own blood as it gushes from their jugular and down their
throat.  Both of those are against the GC as well.

    I find it not at all amusing that the people who routinely and publicly
beheaded people are in turn hiding behind conventions they are not covered by,
are not signatories to, and obviously do not follow themselves.

    The only thing worse than that are people like you who say nothing,
absolutely nothing, about the inhumane nature their prisoners are treated and
butchered yet squeal in their defense because of largely psychological and
entirely non-lethal and non-crippling torture employed by this side.  At the
end of the day they're not maimed or murdered.  They're scared (as in the case
of waterboarding) or have their fragile sensibilities hurt (as in the case of
the falsely reported Kuran flushing).

    It is just appalling how often people will harp on Bush directly as if he
is the only one who is capable of propaganda and lies.  The media itself is
capable of it (witness Sandy Burger
<http://www.google.com/search?q=sandy+burger>) as well as the other side (many
cases of falsified pictures and video) but do we hear about that to the extent
of the mindless criticism of one man?  Hell no!

    We get it, you don't like the man.  I feel for ya, I didn't vote for him
either and *I* don't like him.  But what I will not do is become so irrational
in my dislike for him that the wrongs of all other parties, many of which are
greater than any transgression this man might be a party of, are to be ignored
or extremely downplayed.

    You want to call it white-washing, fine.  But before you do head on over
to <http://www.consumptionjunction.com/> and sit through all the beheading
videos from beginning to end to remind yourself about the leagues of
difference between simulated drowning (AKA waterboarding) and real drowning in
one's own blood.  One of the two gets to walk away from the ordeal.  The other
has his severed head sitting on his chest.  Only after seeing what those
people have done might have some perspective.