Re: Lilypond

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 16:32:11 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
> > dfeuer wrote:
> >> This comment is very late, but I thought I'd mention that LilyPond is
> >> another program for engraving music.  I don't know how it compares to
> >> MusiXTeX (although it apparently grew out of a MusiXTeX addon,
> >> eventually leaving TeX), but it does produce good scores and is well
> >> supported.
> >>
> > pinniped?
> Meaning?

"pinniped" is the self-chosen moniker of a recent notorious contributor
of context-free replies to long-forgotten questions.

If you want to pull off a true pinniped you have to proceed like this:

1) Find a not-too-recent question in an online forum or list archive.
   This mail should be old enough to ensure that most list subscribers
   have deleted and forgotten the original message.

2) Send a reply to this old message without quoting any context. This
   reply should be short and terse in order to confuse people. Ideally
   your message should show some signs of linux-related technical
   knowledge since this makes it much harder for the other subscribers
   to quickly dismiss your contribution. Be careful, though, not to give
   away any hints which might allow some smart aleck to actually figure out
   what on earth you are talking about.

3) Be sure to make subject-based threading difficult by changing the
   subject line before you send your reply.

4) The first rule of "In-Reply-To" headers is that you don't ever
   include "In-Reply-To" headers.

5) There is a good chance that following steps 1-4 will bring the wrath
   of other mailing list subscribers upon yourself. This means that you
   did everything right; congratulations! Now you can score bonus points
   by bickering with the aforementioned annoyed list members; in doing
   so it is recommended to resort to nonsensical arguments such as "the
   user interface makes me do it".

--
Regards,
          Florian