Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:59:00 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote in
[🔎] 20070323195900.GA30450@santiago.connexer.com:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 03:56:51PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
>>
>> It's not a veto issue; the constitution (Article 2 Section 2 Clause 2)
>> states:
>>
>> He [the President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent
>> of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators
>> present concur;
>>
>> So the power is his, although he needs the 'advice and consent' of the
>> Senate; if he's not interested, there's no treaty. I don't think
>> there's any possibility of veto.
>>
> OK.  I had forgotten about that.

..there's also the military command chain procedures, arresting and
replacing etc a "clearly incompetent, disabled or war criminal (supreme
or not) commander", AFAIK all NATO members had those in place in the
1980ies.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: