Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 09:32:22PM -0700, William Mok wrote:

> I installed X windows system under Debian 3.1.r2, I typed 'startx' but I
> got the following error:
>
> xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
>      No such device
>
> Generic Mouse: cannot open input device
> PreInit failed for input device "Generic Mouse"
>
> Does anyone know how this problem can be fixed? Thanks.

First, please don't thread hijack.  This thread has been going off topic
for a long time and it is likely that many people will ignore it.

Second, you could have at least changed the subject line.

Third, you should probably be using Etch, as it will likely be released
Any Day Now (TM).

If you really need Sarge, then you can try loading the mouse driver for
your kernel.

Regards,

-Roberto

--