Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 08:23:33PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 02:05:02PM -0500, judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
> >
> >>      Actually, Muslims teach that Jesus was a true prophet, in fact one
> >> of the four (I think) major prophets of Islam.  And the Shia believe
> >> that he will return (along with another prophet) at the end times to
> >> set thing right.
> >>
> > Of course, as I have pointed out, Jesus said (on more than one occasion)
> > that he, in fact, was one with God the Father.  According to Islam, that
> > is the worst kind of blasphemy.
> Can you give a reference for that?  Koran or otherwise?  (sorry if I
> missed it by not seeing the whole thread).

The Muslims also believe that all prophets before Mohammed were
misunderstood by their followers, so that the true teachings of (for
instance) Moses and Jesus (Issa) are found only in the Koran.
--
Carl Fink                                   nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at nitpickingblog.blogspot.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!