Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

> btw, s/dorks/geeks/ please.  I'm not at all a dork.  I'm definitely a
> geek.

I wasn't implying that you were.

To me:
Dork = one who is socially challenged
Geek = one with aptitude or expertise in some field (e.g. science geek,
or computer geek)

So yes. I meant dork when I said dork.

Not all dorks are geeks and not all geeks are dorks.

Just when you are so much of a geek, a super-geek if you like, you will
have some "socially challenged" behavior. Hence the jargon file.

This isn't a bad thing. You don't have to be perfect. I'm a borderline
aspie and I've done a good job of compensating for it. I do have a lot
of the behavior in the jargon file though, as I suspect a lot of
computer geeks do.

There is something attractive to me in using debian. Maybe it's the
social contract, maybe it's the packaging system. Mostly it's the
package maintainers who are very strict about being consistent.
(compared to other distributions)
The fact that aptitude marks things as Auto-installed and tries to clean
them out is priceless.

I know there are tools out there that do the "cleanup".
Aptitude just "remembers", which is great.

--
Tarek