Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/09/07 00:45, Paul Johnson wrote:
> [snip]
>> And you spend the rest of your life paying it off in the US.  Everybody
>> needs healthcare, it's better to cover everyone and strive to make it
>> efficient.  It's in everyone's best interest to live in a healthy society
>> with economically accessable healthcare.  A healthy society is more
>> productive society, thus it's even in government's self-interest to provide
>> health coverage:  Productive people make more money than the persistently
>> sick or injured.
>
> And the lion will lay down with the lamb, and we'll all sit around
> the camp fire singing Cum-by-yah.  Ain't gonna happen.

Has already happened. In any decent constitutional state of law and
order. The US apparently isn't one of those. And we are not lions,
either. Just decent and responsible citizens. The lions with their
automatic rifles run round about the US, not here or in any decent
constitutional state...

8-)

Johannes

Apologies to all those who despise these "way off topic threads", but
sometimes and very rarely I just cannot shut up. ;-)