Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:

> Andrei Popescu wrote:

> >> I'd hardly call any of the former Soviet-bloc stable.
> >
> > Please elaborate on this one!
>
> Considering the Balkans haven't ever particularly stabilized as far
> as I can tell,

Your impression is not very accurate. Slovenia, Bulgaria and Romania
are part of Nato and EU now. Croatia is doing well also. Serbia,
Montenegro and Bosnia-Herzegovina are recovering nicely. Albania also
hasn't been in the news lately, which is a good thing :) Greece I don't
even have to mention.

> and Russia is aggressively trying to keep territory
> acquired under soviet rule and reverting to it's Soviet-era ways, and
> we all know how stable the Soviet Union was the first time around...

What do you mean by aggressively? Haven't seen any Russian tanks around.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)