Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 00:32:41 +1300, Chris wrote in message
<20070228113241.GE20344@kan>:

> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 03:35:57PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > the US is arguably one of the most prosperous nations in the world.
> > I think that it is right for us to render humanitarian aid to other
> > nations when we can.  This is generally done through deployments of
> > the military (Somalia, Honduras, Indonesia, etc).
>
> I find it difficult to see that:
> "deployment of the military" = "rendering humanitarian aid"

..true, that would assume full compliance to the full 4 Geneva
Conventions of Aug 12'th 1949 on warfare.

..the US came quite close to that during WWII.
Against norwegians, only the Nazis beat the US on compliance,
and that on a Führerbefehl too, their military courts shot 2 of their
own for every norwegian (civilian or POW) killed in WWII.

..yes, even the Jews too, outside of  Oslo, those 771 that were
shipped to Auschwitz for gassing, were handed over to Gestapo
by, drumroll please, the norwegian police, in Oslo.

.._no_ norwegian has ever been tried for this.
Quisling et al was shot for treason, not for war crimes.
No Norwegian government has _ever_ had this far,
_any_ desire to put anyone on trial for this genocide.
Instead, Norwegian government has relied upon its
own special "too old 25 year" rule.

..so, you might wanna look for people who _has_ tried to
repress war crime, before you line up the unworthy.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: