Etch installation problem

I know of two ways you can work around this - I have encountered this problem too.

You can either install sarge and do a dist-upgrade or a 2-step process of installing etch.

Install Sarge base system:
1) Install sarge
2) Edit /etc/apt/sources.list; change "sarge" entries to "etch"
3) apt-get update
4) apt-get dist-upgrade

Install Etch base system:
1) Install Etch, but say "NO" when asked if you want to use a network mirror. This should install the base system.
2) Once rebooted into the OS, login as root.
3) Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list so that it contains,
              deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main
              deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main
              deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
              deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

4) #apt-get update  (this will return gpg errors,ignore them)
5) #apt-get install debian-archive-keyring && apt-get update
6) #tasksel --new-install