Re: audio recorder in linux ... what's its name?

H.S. wrote:

I remember there is an application to record audio (mic or line-in) and IIRC it had the X11 interface. What I also remember is the level meters it had, they were two dials, one for each channel, and had needles showing the levels (something like a speedometer on dashboards of a vehicle). But I can't remember the application's name. Can anyone help?

thanks,
->HS

somewhat late:

steef@sarge-tijdelij:~$ apt-cache search audio recorder
ardour-gtk - digital audio workstation (graphical gtk interface)
bplay - Buffered audio file player/recorder
cdrecord - command line CD writing tool
ecasound - Multitrack-capable audio recorder and effect processor
ecasound2.2 - Multitrack-capable audio recorder and effect processor
gnome-media - Gnome 2 Media Utilities
rawrec - Buffered raw audio recorder/player
sound-recorder - Direct-to-disk recording and play-back programs.
timemachine - JACK audio recorder for spontaneous and conservatory use
vsound - Virtual loopback sound recorder and real audio converter

i prefer sound-recorder

regards,

steef