Re: Install libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 problem / woody should be removed from packages.d.o

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 04:19:42PM +0100, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 03:28:52PM +0800, martin wrote:
> > I am trying to install an old library:  libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
[...]
> > If I follow the links on packages.debian.org website to this link:
> >
> > http://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/egcs1.1/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1_2.91.66-4_i386.deb
> >
> > I get the following message
> >
> > The requested URL
> > /debian/pool/main/e/egcs1.1/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1_2.91.66-4_i386.deb was
> > not found on this server.
> >
> > I get similar messages for all the other sites on the link from this page:
> > http://packages.debian.org/oldstable/oldlibs/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
> >
> > Could you please give me some advice on how to install this library.
> > I need because I am installing Oracle9i on Debian
>
> This mailing list is for discussing work on the Debian web site, not
> providing support, so I've copied this reply to debian-user.  Was
> there something on the web site that led you to believe this list was
> for providing user support?

Actually packages.debian.org still provides an interface for searching
and downloadind woody==oldstable packages, while woody has been moved to
old-archive and is no more on the mirrors.

Martin, you can get your package at
http://archive.debian.org/pool/main/e/egcs1.1/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1_2.91.66-4_i386.deb

Just replace http://$mirror/debian/ with http://archive.debian.org/

Regards,