Re: install 4.0 on usb hdd

Zoran Kolic wrote:
Is your BIOS able to boot from a portable USB driveand is the portable
USB drive bootable?

Bios is ami and sees devices as I connect them to the interface. The other
part of question: in this moment I have only enclosure. Tomorrow gonna
buy 2.5 hdd. It _must_ be bootable.
Theoretically, there should not be any reason not to successed to install
on usb disk and not to write _any_ data on internal hdd. It is a proof of
concept not to disconnect internal drive.
Should I post additional info?

I am having trouble using my USB disk with mkinitrd.yaird, because you cannot generate the image on a different system than the one you would boot from. At least I don't know how.

George Hein gave a clue as to how to do it:
http://wiki.debian.org/USB-HD_Boot_Full_Debian?highlight=%28USB%29

Hugo