Re: Re: bad anti-aliasing; what thinks my CRT is an LCD display

Title: Re: Re: bad anti-aliasing; what thinks my CRT is an LCD display

Yes, subpixel rendering / subpixel hinting is what you need to turn off.

It is detected by X. In my case, I can override my display driver (radeon) and force it to see a CRT on primary head and None on Secondary. The actual setup is LCD-panel in primary, CRT on secondary (laptop).

Just as well to disable it, my Laptop display doesn't allow subpixel rendering even in windows!