Re: problem with emacs in testing?

Hi again,

I've now uninstalled all emacs components and reinstalled them. I still get a whole list of problems. I did find that the problem loading "50a2ps" was related to the uninstalled package a2ps. Adding that removed that particular error - does this mean the dependency list for emacs21 is wrong? As you can see below I'm still getting errors relating to ilisp, ess, slime, and now dictionaries-common as well. All these packages are installed.

Can anyone confirm that the current emacs21 in testing is in fact installable? If it is I've got a problem on my laptop. If not, there's a problem in the repositories.

Thanks,

Tyler

blackbart:/home/tyler# apt-get --reinstall install emacs21
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
3 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Setting up emacs21 (21.4a+1-3) ...
emacs-install emacs21
install/a2ps: Handling install for emacsen flavor emacs21
Error while loading 50dictionaries-common
Error while loading 50ess
Error while loading 50ilisp
Cannot open load file: slime
emacs-install: /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/a2ps emacs21 failed at /
usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-install line 28, <TSORT> line 7.
dpkg: error processing emacs21 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of auctex:
 auctex depends on emacs21 | emacs-snapshot; however:
  Package emacs21 is not configured yet.
  Package emacs21-nox which provides emacs21 is not installed.
  Package emacs-snapshot is not installed.
dpkg: error processing auctex (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ess:
 ess depends on emacs21 | emacsen; however:
  Package emacs21 is not configured yet.
  Package emacs21-nox which provides emacs21 is not installed.
  Package emacsen is not installed.
  Package emacs21 which provides emacsen is not configured yet.
  Package emacs21-nox which provides emacsen is not installed.
dpkg: error processing ess (--configure):
 emacs21
 auctex
 ess
blackbart:/home/tyler