Re: BIOS upgrade

Am 2006-12-02 16:14:58, schrieb Douglas Tutty:
> I've only done it once and that was on my new Asus M2N-SLI that has a
> bios utility built right in to allow you to save the bios and update a
> new one.  No dos required at all, just the bios image on a floppy or USB
> stick (or on a MS partition on a hard drive).
>
> However, for my friend Justin Case, I still have dos 6.3.  I used dd to
> create floppy images and can make them whenever I need to.
> Unfortunatly, since 6.3 isn't public domain, I can't email it to you.
>
> When _does_ the licence on things like an old dos floppy expire or is it
> like Shakespear, 100 years after IBM (its IBM dos) dies?

There was already a juridical discusion about WfW 3.11 and Win95 on the
Internet andm according to the US Law, the rights for software expires
if THE manufacturer stop selling it and does not more do support for it
(this excludes documentations, e.g. the M$ Knowledgebase)

Which meanm you can Distribute all versions of MS-Dos and Windows up to
Win95 freely.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)