Re: signature invalid: BADSIG 010908312D230C5F Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2006)

On Dec 2, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:

Does anybody know why I'm getting this message when I do "aptitude update"

W: GPG error: http://mirrors.usc.edu etch Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 010908312D230C5F Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2006) <ftpmaster@debian.org>

A couple of days ago, I was getting the same message, but from debian.lcs.mit.edu, instead of mirrors.usc.edu. Both sites are in my sources.list file.

mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com wrote:

Have you tried installing:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/misc/debian-archive-keyring

The error message has moved back to debian.lcs.mit.edu. It's gone from mirrors.usc.edu for the time being. By removing the mit site from my sources.list file I was able to do "aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade" which updated the debian-archive-keyring package to the November 22, 2006 version. But when I put the mit site back in, the error was still there.

Anybody got any ideas?

Rick