Re: dual layered DVD's vs single layer etc....

On Monday 04 December 2006 10:54, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Alan Ianson wrote:
> >>
> >> Seems like there have been talk about this, but it haven't happened so
> >> far. See http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2005/07/msg00039.html and
> >
> > I made the move to dvd images a while ago and at this point would gladly
> > go with DL dvd images if they were available. I have the technology.
>
> So do I. But certainly not (ever?) the bandwidth.

In the early days of the internet when dial-up lines were clogged with users
and busy signals bandwidth was an issue. I haven't had a problem with
bandwidth for a long time now and as far as I know it's not an issue anymore.
I guess it is still an issue for anyone using dial-up and in a case like that
a net install is likely in order.

When I first started using linux I was still using dial-up myself. In those
days I downloaded the first two cd's and most of what I needed was on those
disks, only a small number of packages was downloaded from my sources.list,
much patience was needed.. :)

My current isp provides amazing speed and bandwidth, I don't miss those
dial-up days at all.. :)