Re: Debian Logo

----- Original Message ----
From: Nicolas Pillot <nicolas.pillot@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2006 1:08:16 PM
Subject: Re: Debian Logo

2006/12/3, Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl>:
> (Create new file with transparent background, copy the red curl into
> here using the 'Select contiguous regions' tool, Image > Mode > Indexed
> and save as .gif)

You'd better to go into the "Layer" / "Transparency" menu and choose the
"color to alpha" option. It will usualy automatically make the transparency
look fine AND handle the "blurry" border selection smoothly (in my opinion).

And starting from the large "gimp" file source of course !

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of this option.
it works great.

Jmak
http://jozmak.googlepages.com