a CAD program for building a house?

Hello!

 i am battling with an architect and a construction engeneer, and both
 are most of the time unable to give me the informations i want, and
 both don't give me some sort of digital version of the plans of my
 house...

 nevertheless i need some inforations and thus have decided to draw up
 again the whole plans of my house, and a looking for a suitable program
 to do this.

 Having worked years ago with some infamous CAD program on an
 unspeakable platform, i was looking into freshmeat to find soething
 comparable, but at the oment i am having trouble to find something
 suitable....

 apart from drawing the plans in 2D it would be nice to also have the 3d
 information (not for compiling nice images though...)

  i have different circuits (electrical, ethernet, water, sewer,
      aspiration) and i want to be able to handle them as definite
  entities, means they are not the same as some walls and switch their
  visibility on and off

  ideally the thing should be smart enough to compile me the meters of
  pipe/cable i need in totality (that's where the 3D info kicks in)

  same for copiling the surfaces of walls internally and externally to
  be able to buy the correct amount of color and protection ciment...

  does something able to do at least part of that stuff exist for linux?
  and hopefully be free?

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org