Log File Permissions Issue

Hi All,

I recently installed Awstats on my machine (running Sarge) and everything seems to be working except that it seems to have trouble accessing the Apache log files.

As my log files belong to root and the group 'adm', when the Awstats generation script is run by 'www-data' it triggers a "permission denied" error. I've managed to get it running by changing the ownership of the logs to www-data, but of course when a new log file is created it reverts to root ownership.

Is there a way to grant access for all log files to www-data or should I run the Awstats script as root?

Cheers,

-Duncan