New LCD Monitor

I'm running Sarge.  I've just gotten a new 19-inch LCD screen
because my current monitor is going.  I'm going to want to hook up
and configure (X11) the new monitor.  Do I need to know anything
special when configuring for it?

--
Raquel
It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human