Re: X Display Lagging in Etch

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:43:03 -0700, Matt Miller wrote:
> Some weeks ago the X display on my Etch machine became terribly laggy.
> It takes painful seconds  for command prompt output to scroll by, and
> scrolling in GUI windows is also quite slow and jumpy.  Moving a window
> around on the screen is similarly suffering.
>
> I'm under Gnome.

I cannot help you if this is a gnome-specific problem, but I think that
it might rather be related to your X setup and the driver for your
graphics card. More information is needed to know what is going on;
please post the output of the following commands:

lspci | egrep -i 'video|vga|display'

awk '/Section "(Module|Device|DRI|Extensions)"/,/EndSection/' /etc/X11/xorg.conf

egrep '^\((EE|WW)\)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log

--
Regards,
          Florian