Re: cannot ping my own machine

schmity wrote:
Here is the info.  Looks like the machine is named Sandstorm instead of
Linuxbox.  Sandstorm is what I had intended the workgroup name to be
for my network.  Can I change this so that the computername is
Linuxbox?
Yes. The two main files to change are /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts, then you can reboot, or run "hostname -F /etc/hostname". You may also want to change another half-dozen or so files in /etc (such as mailname); grep is your friend.

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>